Medela's innovative Calma Bottle design makes switching from bottle back to breast ever so easy. With the Calma, milk will only flow when your baby works for it. This, along with the shape and length of the Calma is designed to suit your li'l niblet's needs as they grow!
The Calma is a great feeding solution or alternative designed for breastfeeding mothers wishing to feed their babies with breast milk. Many bottles attempt to mimic the human body to make bottle feeding similar to breastfeeding, but what sets the Calma apart from the rest is the wonderful design of the nipple. The nipple is completely open at the top with a small valve located at the base of the nipple. When your little one sucks, a vacuum is created to remove the milk, which mimics the feeding behaviour learned at the breast!
This means that your baby can suck, swallow and breathe just like before:
- your baby can drink, pause and breathe in a natural rhythm, remaining calm and settled, just like on the breast
- your baby needs to create a vacuum to start the milk flow, just like they do while breastfeeding
- your baby can maintain their natural sucking behaviour, allowing an easy transition from breast to Calma and back to breast again
The Calma was developed using evidence-based research on babies' natural feeding behaviour and helps the baby avoid swallowign any air during the feed, as it is regulated by a unique venting system.
- 1 - cap
- 1 - silicone nipple
- 1 - top
- 1 - base
- 1 - lid
- The Calma nipple does not interfere with breastfeeding
- With its unique, research-based design, Calma allows your baby to use the same breastfeeding behavior he learned at the breast, encouraging breastfeeding and reducing the chance for nipple confusion
- When using Calma, your baby dictates the flow of milk based on his sucking strength through the small hole inside the nipple
- There is no need to buy multiple nipples! The size and length of the Calma nipple are based on research and meet the needs of newborns and toddlers alike, since your baby dictates the flow of milk
- Calma’s unique air-control system and vented nipple help to avoid gassiness